Thursday, September 27, 2007

23rd thing Final comments.

Wow got to the last ‘Thing’! As a tech savvy librarian much of it was at least familiar to me, however my favorite discoveries were learning how different sites can interact with each other. Creating an Avatar on Yahoo and using it on Google Blogger was pretty cool. For the past 2 years I have been an avid user of MP3 files. Driving 3 hours per day I have used the internet to find many lectures and audio courses on a number of topics; this has greatly changed how I approach my lifelong learning. I enjoyed the exercise I completed on finding podcasts using a special search tool. The other thing that I found interesting with was the on-line productivity software. Years ago we had software stores so that our computers would ‘do something’ this does not seem to be the case with the modern internet. There are all sorts of on line applications and this trend seems to be continuing. The ability to create your own search tools was interesting to me. This could be quite useful in doing specialized tasks. It was fun to import one of the search tools into the blog in a quick and easy fashion. I would like to participate in another discovery exercise like this in the future. Some of the things I learned may actually get used and those that do not ….well I will at least have a cursory knowledge of some new things on the internet.

No comments: